I don't know where this honeybee came from, I dont' know how it got in our house, but here it was slowly making its way over to my freshly painted hive - that is my hive there in the background. Ryan and I inspected it and noted the thin layer of tan hair on its back (one feature that distinguishes it from a yellow jacket). I carefully scooped it up and set it free, and I hope it will make it back to its home.
So there is yet one more sign that this is a calling for me. I get it Mother Nature....I'll keep your bees safe and sound.
One more thing, Lily discovered how much fun the iPod is today....
5 comments:
Lily looks so big in this picture! Holy cow! I am loving that you know the difference between a honey bee and a yellow jacket! When do your bees come? I miss you!
Yes, I bee-lieve that it is meant to bee for you to love bees. You are so good to set it free - we would have been running around our house screaming "There's a bee in the house!!!" All the while swatting at it. But I will have you know that even if there was a black and yellow bug in our house, it probably wouldn't bee a honey bee, but a mean old yellow jacket!
Liz is right...Lily looks so big and different in this picture. Maybe it's the ipod attached to her that makes her look mature. Life father like daughter! We love and miss you too!
Personally, I think you should have stuck that bee in a jar and recruited it to YOUR hive.
He's be the first official member. That's huge.
I agree with Lily! iPods are the BEST!
love the pic of Lily with the ipod, she's so stinkin' cute!
I'm also super excited about your beekeeping experience. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have bees and I want to pick your brain about it all!
Post a Comment