So no pictures, sorry. Taking photos and managing the hive alone is a little too much for me right now! Well, the bees are doing some strange things and I had to really work them today which needless to say, did not please my bees.
Agitated is putting it nicely. They were upset, and expressed that the only way little insects with stingers know how. I felt it quickly on my left middle finger. Yup, stung. I walked away, a little afraid I must admit. Luckily, my supportive Dad is in town and was watching the whole thing. His kind words of sympathy: "Well, get back in there and finish things up."
Ok Dad. Off I went into the swarm of angry bees. I quickly put things back in, "smoothly and quickly" liked I learned in all my classes. May the 10-15 bees I killed in my closing up the hive rest in peace, and may my next visit with my girls be less painful and a little less confusing for this amateur beekeeper!
Oh yeah, still no queen to be found, but larva noted. Weird, yes. To bee continued!
4 comments:
Oh how I'm enjoying the bee saga...sorry to hear about the angry bees, though. Glad your dad was there to talk you through it, way to go dad! I should start researching my hive options now because I'm ready to get started in the spring!
We totally miss you guys too! Hope your bees are doing better. I'm glad you guys got to get away and go camping. You might want to look into camping at Solomons Island. We went last year and really enjoyed it and it's only 1 hour away. Brad's schedule hasn't been too bad so far....there's a reason he picked Ophtho.
Don't get discouraged Aimes.. truly, they are just testing you. You know that phase. You have a kid. Your dad's advice is best.
Get back out there.
Ryan,
I knew if I didn't go immediately I would forget what you told me your blog was. Thanks for calling. I appreciate it. Here's our blog address. http://beefblack.blogspot.com/
and my email is adamblack78@yahoo.com It was good to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Adam
Post a Comment