
So, remember that great scene in You've Got Mail when Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan) is in the big Fox Books store eavesdropping on an ignorant sales clerk?
I had such an experience yesterday. Target has a book section you know. I thought, maybe, just maybe, they have Jane Eyre. It is a classic, and new movie.....
One employee tried to help me without luck. She then spoke to another employee, a young man. This was their exchange:
"Hey, do we have Jane Eyre?"
"Who?"
"Jane Eyre."
"Whose that?"
"No, it's a book!" (the employee and I said this at the same time).
"Oh, what? I don't know books dude!"
I was laughing my head off. The first employee then said to me, "You know there is a Barnes and Noble right around the corner."
Right, I thought. So much for my one stop shopping at Super Duper Target.
I wish I could go to Kathleen Kelly's Shop Around the Corner :)

7 comments:
That is super funny. I am amazed when people don't know the most basic things. JANE EYRE is a classic people!
I am dying to see the new movie!
JANE EYRE...my favorite, well one of my favorite, books. I am excited to see the movie also. This must be the 3rd remake. I am not sure. Who is playing Mr. Rochester? And who is the crazy lady up in the attic? Amy, did you really expect anyone at Target to know about the book? I am so proud of you and your literary background. Love you!
Aren't Target and Barnes & Noble in cahoots anyway? I swear you find one next to the other in like 90% of all instances...
Have you already purchased one? I found on Amazon they sell the Penguin Publishers edition that has a way cool cover. I've got several of their books and they are so fun to display around my house (as well as reading them of course!)
It was fun to see you and your cute little ones! Hang in there, and tell Ryan hi from us!al
Oh Amy...remember the dozens of times we watched that movie...I loved having you as my college roomie. Can't wait to see you this summer.
Isn't it sad.... I feel the age piling up behind me and at times I mumble under my breath "psh, teenagers" and realize that I am one of those people that truly remembers the "good ol days"...
Funny. I can't believe he hadn't at least heard of Jane Eyre. Poor guy. He's missing out big time!
Post a Comment